Sunday, April 21, 2013

Vavavoom Vigan.

Beautiful beaches, historical places, cold climate and delicious delicacies ---- only few of the many reasons why the charm of the North is undeniable. Being a host to different famous tourist spots like Baguio, Ilocos, Sagada, and La Union (to name a few), it is no wonder why despite the long hours of road travel, many tourists (both local and foreigners) chose to spend their precious vacation here.


Vigan, capital city of Ilocos Sur, is one of the most visited places in Region I. This beautiful city is the home of mouth watering dishes like Bagnet, empanada, okoy, longganisa and bibingka. It is also considered as a World Heritage Site because of its Hispanic towns that stood the test of time.

In my second time to visit Vigan, we only had a day to tour the city because we had to travel to Ilocos Norte to attend a christening. Nevertheless, time constraints did not stop us from exploring.

Below are the suggested places to visit that you can include in your Interinary.

1. Vigan Heritage Village - The trademark of Vigan, walking the streets of the Heritage Village will give you a trip back to the memory lane. It is a reflection of what Philippines look like during the Spanish era.



One of the must try activities here is to ride the kalesa. Long before the Japanese came here and jeepeney was invented, kalesa was the main mode of transportation of our ancestors.



2. Syquia Mansion - The ancestral house of the former Philippine President Elpidio Quirino. This mansion is well-maintained and is open for sight seeing. A tour inside the mansion will give you a glimpse of the elegant life of the Quirino Family.







3. Hidden Garden - Green. Green. And More Green. Need I say more?






Lover's corner. Lakas maka-bully!! Don't do that to me!


4. Baluarte - A zoo owned by Chavit Singson. A place where you can be up close and personal with snakes, tigers and ostrich. But since I'm such a faint hearted person, the bravest thing I did was to have a picture with a parrot. Boo me! I know right!






5. Uno Grille - I really reccommend that you try to eat in this restaurant. This is where I tasted the most delicious Pinakbet in my entire life! I swear!

Hail the North! Happy vacation everyone!




You Might also like:
Take me to the North: Byaheng Ilocos Norte

No comments:

Post a Comment